3.29.2012

still grateful...after all these years


i started a gratitude journal about 7 years ago, while attending the murder trial for my little sister and brother-in-law. i was trapped in a hotel room in macon, georgia for over 3 weeks and somehow ~ miraculously ~ i was able to find 5 things to be thankful for.  on days i struggle to find even one...i force myself to continue this exercise. the entries are all captured in the same little notebook i started in 2005, each year seems to increase in number of entries. on a day that started out in the yucks, i'd like to share a few things i've shown gratitude for:

  • compassionate strangers
  • finishing a book
  • walking in the sand
  • laughter
  • creative outlets
  • my family
  • good hair days
  • the back porch
  • my legs {to run}
  • hummus
  • clean laundry
  • talking to mom
  • learning
  • falling in love
  • the opportunity to grow
  • mechanical pencils
  • fresh air
  • forehead kisses
  • a full belly
  • evening strolls
  • teamwork
  • meatloaf
  • hope

1 comment:

  1. Great new posts Jodie! Keep'em coming. You do realize that you're on my blog right? I listed you on my links page several months ago.
    http://inspirexpression.com/ (without a "www" at the front)

    ReplyDelete