4.16.2010

west and weelaxation


i'm pretty sure my body is trying to tell me to SLOW THE HELL DOWN. it started on wednesday night and by yesterday at work i felt like it was crashing...i was weak all over and a bit shaky in my legs.  i could barely type (which i'm noticing is still happening now, but i'm blaming that on the fact that it's 6am), and basically the only thing i could do when i left my office at 1:00 was lay on the couch--okay it's actually an air mattress that we're using as a couch since ours is at the art gallery--and watch 3 movies back-to-back.

today, i'm dragging my ass to work because i love my co-worker too much to leave her alone on a friday with no social workers.  but the only thing that got me out of bed this morning was knowing that in less than 12 hours, david and i would be on the open road, wind whipping through our hair, heading toward wimberley.  ahhhh, just writing it makes me smile.

if anyone lives in texas and has spent even a short time in this magical place, you will know what i'm talking about.  and i would sit here all morning describing the heaven that is the hill-country, but then i'd be late for work.  i promise to recount the weekend--with loads of photos, no doubt--when we return.  now, if i can only make it until 5:00....

No comments:

Post a Comment